Monday, September 25, 2006

Dreams.... nearly nightmares

No one told me about the dreams. They come and go, but they are getting more and more bizarre.

It started when I dreamt I arrived at work only to find I had forgotten my gun. Then I had a dream where I was in a foot pursuit with some gang bangers and they started shooting. I wasn't hit, and tried shooting back from three or four feet away, but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Next I stopped a U-haul truck and as I made contact with the driver the truck started shrinking. Then there was the dream where on a "routine" traffic stop my driver was upside down suspended by his seatbelt. He and the passenger released their seatbelts and attempted to physically attack me. I tried pulling my taser, but can't get it out of the holster.

Finally last night my entire dream was radio traffic. I was talking to random people, family, friends, and the dog as if we were all on the radio. I even talked to the friendly 7-11 clerk as if she were a dispatcher.

Me: "Car 40".... wait for reply from friendly 7-11 clerk.... "I'll be 10-17 to the soda fountain"

Friendly 7-11 clerk: "Car 40 at 21:15. Will you be code 4?"

Me:"I should be code 4 thank you"

Friendly 7-11 clerk: "Copy"

Me: "Car 40 arrived. I'll be 10-6 working on a Super Big Gulp"

Friendly 7-11 clerk: "Car 40 at 21:16"

I never used to dream about work, but I also never got excited to go back to work while still on my weekends. I love this job I just hope the dreams start involving a little less shooting and maybe a little more of the friendly 7-11 clerk.

1 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger FroneAmy said...

I can't say that they will get better, but they will contitnue. Jim often has dreams about chasing a criminal and his legs won't move fast. Or he has dreams about getting in fights and he can't land any hits.
My personal least favorite is the dream he had where he got shot. it was so realistic, he said, that he got up and checked his vest to be sure.
Me, on the other hand, I have weird non-cop dreams that I wake up from and start getting paranoid if he's not home on time and what if they didn't call me, or why did I wake up so suddenly in the middle of the night, why isn't he answering his phone, etc.
Of course, being newly pregnant I am having multiple crazy dreams every night, so that's fun.

Not that the unicorn in your dream meant you're going to win the lottery, but you can try to 'analyze' your dreams by identifying how you felt in the dream. Then try to figure out what in your daily life is also making you feel that way. For example....'friendly' 7-11 clerk sounds more like 'cute' 7-11 clerk to me, but I could be reading too much into it...LOL

Sweet Dreams, for what it's worth
-Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home